Are you looking for the best latex pillow for a more restful night? Is your pillow to blame for that stiff neck or sore shoulders every morning? A good pillow helps to keep your head and neck aligned with the rest of your spine. This allows for soft tissue relaxation and fewer body aches when you wake up.
Latex pillows compress easily when you lay down on them and bounce back fast. They are also soft and responsive, so you don’t have to count sheep as you settle in. The best part is that you no longer have to wake up each night trying to plump up a flat pillow for comfort.
Latex Pillow FAQs
Let’s look at some of the most common questions that pop up when looking for the best latex pillow.
What is a latex pillow?
Latex is the sap extracted from a special kind of rubber tree. It goes through a rigorous process of polymer transformation to create latex foam as we know it. Due to this, it results in a responsive, supportive yet bouncy surface that is perfect for pillows.
What makes a latex pillow unique?
Latex pillows have received popularity in today’s sleep industry partly because of their responsive and contouring design. Equally important, these pillows bounce back instantly.
Furthermore, the best latex pillow does not compress easily. As a result, they have a very long lifespan compared to other types of pillows. Latex pillows can either be natural, synthetic, or a blend of both. Natural latex has hypoallergenic and antimicrobial properties that make them ideal for allergy sufferers. On the other hand, synthetic latex pillows are less expensive.
Things To Look For When Choosing The Best Latex Pillow
Here are the key things you should look for when shopping for the best latex pillow.
A pillow’s size can influence your overall sleep comfort. This is why you have to pay close attention to your natural sleeping position. The goal is for your head and neck to be in alignment with your spine.
For starters, stomach sleepers need a flat pillow that is soft because the spine is slightly compromised as you turn your head. On the other hand, side sleepers require higher pillows so that the area between the head and shoulders gets support. Back sleepers benefit more from a medium height pillow.
Talalay or Dunlop?
These refer to the two main processes used to create a latex foam. In the Dunlop process, latex is heated within the molds while in the Talalay process, the liquid latex is poured into the mold. The mold then gets vacuum sealed, flash frozen, and heated.
Dunlop latex has an unbalanced consistency, but it tends to be denser and more durable than Talalay latex. However, Talalay latex is softer and more bouncy than Dunlop latex.
Shredded or contoured?
The difference between a shredded pillow and a contoured pillow is airflow and density. A contoured latex pillow is denser while the shredded pillow has a softer feel and allows more airflow.
In addition to this, shredded latex pillows have one open end for the sleeper to adjust the loft to their liking.
Natural or synthetic?
Natural latex pillows have a strict manufacturing process that doesn’t include the use of chemicals. These pillows offer resistance from dust mites and mold. They are also hypoallergenic and have a minimal smell.
On the other hand, synthetic latex pillows feel similar to natural latex but have a shorter lifespan. They are also less expensive. They can be mixed with natural latex to come up with a blended version as well.
How To Care For Your Latex Pillow
Most latex pillows are not machine washable. If any water gets into the fillings, the dampness could lead to mold. For this reason, only spot clean your pillow. If you have to wash your pillow, remove all the internal filling.
Top 10 Best Latex Pillows
When comparing latex pillows, choose the one that suits your sleeping position. In our quest to come up with the best latex pillow, we looked at the following brands.
- 100% All-Natural Latex: Made with the highest quality of latex sap. Offers a resilient supportive bouncy cradling effect...
- STRONG AND DURBALE: Woven with a 350 Thread Count, higher than other conventional mattress pads. Making our cotton...
- Unique PIN-CORE Design: Maintains a comfortable sleeping temperature from its design and contents. No hot flashes or...
The YiiMO latex pillow is a hypoallergenic and contouring pillow. Its ergonomic design conforms to the curves of the neck, head, and shoulders to release pressure. Also, the pillow retains shape for support throughout the night, and the micro holes promote air circulation to regulate sleep temperature.
This latex pillow comes in a porous design to allow optimum ventilation that regulates sleeping temperature. It offers a variety of firmness levels ranging from soft to medium-firm to firm. The pillow is ideal for allergy sufferers as it has the hypoallergenic properties of a natural latex pillow.
- ORGANIC SHREDDED LATEX PILLOW: This Bamboo Organic Shredded Latex Pillow is filled with the highest graded GOLS...
- SAFE & HEALTHY: GOLS CERTIFICATION (Global Organic Latex Standard), is the topmost known and valued certification in the...
- FOR SENSITIVE SLEEPERS: Skin sensitive friendly and resistant to dust mites, microbes, or fungus growth for a clean...
This pillow is made of Talalay latex and comes wrapped in a soft Bamboo rayon cover. It has small latex beads to make it plush. For this reason, the Organic Textiles Bamboo pillow is among the few latex pillows in this list that can sink.
No products found.
The Brooklyn Bedding pillow is made of Talalay latex for durability. It provides a variety of plush and firm options. It is great for keeping your head, neck, and spine in a neutral position. The firm yet spongy properties of this pillow make it a great option to combat sore neck muscles.
- HANDMADE IN AMERICA - Curved side sleeper pillows are made in California with natural latex, which is environmentally...
- ADJUSTABLE FIRMNESS - Personalize your head positioning, spine alignment, neck, and shoulders by unzipping the cover to...
- IMPROVE YOUR SLEEP QUALITY - Natural latex offers superior pressure relief which helps the flow of oxygen to your...
The Authentic Talatech pillow comes from 100 percent Talalay latex. What makes this pillow unique is its highly responsive contouring and support without the cost of softness. Just like the Organic Textiles Bamboo pillow, it sinks for a hug-like feeling. Its 230-thread count allows for air circulation.
This shredded latex pillow is a top choice for a variety of sleepers. This is due to the ability of the pillow to adjust to any sleeping position. There is also the factor of increased airflow because of different sizes of the latex shred fillings. The two zippered cotton casings add to its luxurious feel.
- ➤【Perfect Pillow for Side Sleepers】This Comfort Max contours pillow with higher loft is the No.1 pillow for side...
- ➤【Soft Contours Maximize Comfort】The innovative soft contours on the pillow make this pillow the softest on the...
- ➤【Your Loft, Your Way】No need for adjustment, the unique Tri-Curve Design gives high and low loft options and the...
The kannika latex pillow contours to your shape to minimize pressure points. Like most latex pillows, it is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant. Its removable cover makes it a high contender for the best latex pillow. It is made from Tencel, which is known for its cooling properties. Therefore, this makes it ideal for people who sweat a lot at night.
- ??【Original Imported Materials】-- Our raw materials comes from the juice of the rubber tree grown in Thailand which...
- ??【Low & High Ergonomic Design】-- Ergonomic contour design correctly aligns spine by supporting the natural curves...
- ??【Removable & Washable Cover】-- ALPHA latex pillow comes with 2 layers zippered pillowcases,which are removable and...
The Alpha latex pillow is specially made for back and side sleepers. Its ergonomic design pays attention to head and neck support. This way, it provides body-cradling for support and comfort throughout the night. The pillow comes with airflow channels for a cooling effect.
The eLuxurySupply pillow makes it to this list of the best latex pillows. It is made from natural latex, which explains its antimicrobial properties. This pillow cradles the head for maximum support, and it bounces back to shape the morning after. It comes wrapped up in a 100 percent cotton cover for breathability.
- ADJUSTABLE FOR NECK PAIN RELIEF - UTTU pillow features unique adjustable lofts for varied types of sleepers. Originally...
- PRESSURE RELIEF - Made with UTTU DYNAMIC FOAM, the premium patented memory foam, this tempurpedic pillow conforms to the...
- NEVER BECOMES HARD - We used UTTU DYNAMIC FOAM, which never gets hard in cold weather. Unlike most memory foams on the...
The Utto latex pillow provides both support and comfort. It is made of a springy latex with perforated holes for breathability. The pillow comes with three machine washable covers, which distinguishes it from pillows in the same price range.
Most of the latex pillows reviewed above are amazing. However, the final selection will depend on your requirements and sleeping preferences. That said, the Pure Tree Certified pillow comes out as the winner for the best latex pillow.
This is mainly because its adjustability features take into consideration all types of sleepers. Also, the pillow goes to great lengths to ensure breathability. From the multi-sized latex shreds to two cotton casings, you are guaranteed to have cool nights and dry pillows in the morning.
Which pillow do you think deserves the crown for the best latex pillow from this list? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
Last update on 2021-09-26 at 12:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API