You can have a super-neat house, with clean lines and shining features, but the best throw pillows are what really make it look like a home. Why do I say that? Having recently set up my own apartment, I’ve been able to see that just a few well-chosen accessories can transform your home. The best throw pillows can make every room cozy and inviting.
Another delightful fact here is that throw pillows are actually trendy these days. That’s right. You no longer need to get those stiff, expensive, large foam slabs that make your home seem more like an office. You can get some gorgeous throw pillows in just about every shape, size, and color for brightening up every single empty place.
You can put in some of the best throw pillows in your window seat, on your couch, and even the floor. You’ll soon see the adorable effect for yourself. Of course, there’s always a right and wrong option.
Using a throw pillow helps you realize that your home is much more than a place to retire to after a long day of work. It is the place in which you entertain family and friends and make lifetime memories in. It, therefore, goes without saying that a stylish and comfortable home is a desire shared by many. Add to that the comfort of the best throw pillows. Nothing beats that relaxing moment.
But how exactly should you pick throw pillows?
Going Beyond The Hues: What To Consider
The best throw pillows might be easy to purchase and a cinch to set up. However, you need to think upon a few factors before you get your own stash of these cozy goodies.
If you make an impulsive purchase, you might end up with a stack of expensive, uncomfortable pillows. Throwing them to the floor every time you curl up on the couch is a warning sign that you have the wrong throw pillows.
Before clicking any order buttons, you should ponder up the following factors and see if you can't come up with the perfect combination:
What exactly do you need those throw pillows for? Granted, you might need them for a different purpose in different rooms. In that case, you should make sure to place an order accordingly.
For instance, you might want stylish yet soft throw pillows for the couch. You want to make a good impression for your guests, and these pillows are the first thing they’ll probably see.
Plus, you also want to rest your aching back or even take a nap on that same couch. If you want the best of both worlds, what you need are the best throw pillows in soft, squishy fabrics. These may include fleece, velvet, faux fur, chenille, and even cashmere.
The Rest Of Your Theme
Everyone has a theme for their home décor, even if they think they don’t. You may prefer some casual throw pillows in most rooms, or want to make a style statement in each corner. Many people love to have a cool color combination in their living room or bedroom. It only makes sense to choose the best throw pillows that will follow your theme.
For example, shades of rust, forest green, and earthy tones will complement that autumn theme you’ve set up for home décor. You can get some quirky, funky shapes for your kids’ bedroom while some quilted classics will create a formal tone.
Vintage and classical looks will require something different, such as bolsters and other round shapes. You can also go for some larger floor cushions, with smaller ones on top for a casual, unique effect.
Once you’ve decided on the purpose of the best throw pillows for your home, it’s time to focus on the color. Your throw pillows may have different shades but they should ideally complement the room. If you have a black-and-white theme, you don’t have to exactly match it. You can play with contrasts. But you should also remember that some combinations will look good and others won’t.
If you have kids in the house, getting dark shades might be a better idea. Incidentally, you might also want to go with removable cover and washable fabrics in such cases.
The best throw pillows come in all kinds of patterns or solid colors, so you can mix and match them to get the desired effect. Blending a bold pattern with another bold pattern will probably look off. Therefore, you may search for smaller prints to go with the large one.
I’m also of the opinion that minimalism is definitely a great concept you can lean towards while decorating. You don’t have to go for completely bare looks. Instead, toning down the patterns will give a more relaxed feel.
Throw pillows with sharp corners, such as squares and rectangles, give you a versatile experience. Round ones give a formal and classic look. Bolsters will give you a great effect when there’s a sofa without armrests or in an L-shape.
The size of the best throw pillows is of extreme importance. This is especially true if you're getting it for a beloved piece of furniture. You don’t want to get dozens of tiny pillows for a large king-sized bed.
A huge throw pillow on your beautiful armchair will only cover up the vivid upholstery you’re so proud of. You should measure your space and order accordingly.
Even the best throw pillows need some sort of detailing to make them interesting. This doesn't have to be a blanket of embroidery or sequins. That lovely woven rope-like border or a beautifully printed motif will be enough to make you smile every single time.
Most of the best throw pillows will attract you with their pattern but the inserts are what makes them awesome. If you just want these pillows for decoration, polyester inserts will do just fine. However, some people require some sort of support. If you’re one of them, you may want to go for synthetic options like memory foam. Feather also makes for an interesting filling.
Time To Collect The Best Throw Pillows For Your Home
Enough talk; it’s time to check out the best throw pillows you can possibly find today!
1. Rivet Mudcloth-Inspired Pillow
- This throw pillow's mudcloth-inspired pattern will give your room a global, modern twist. Skillfully sewn, high quality...
- Mudcloth-inspired patterns create a modern, global style
- Sewn in U.S. of durable cotton/polyester blend fabric
This Rivet Mudcloth-Inspired Pillow measures 17 inches wide by 17 inches long or 12 inches wide by 24 inches long and comes in a pale gray shade. That makes it perfect for just about every corner of the house. You can stick it in an artsy corner to show off bright painting or use it for a backrest on your bed.
2. Stone & Beam French Laundry Stripe Pillow
- This pillow features a timeless style with just the right mix of refined and casual touches. Grey stripes on an ivory...
- Traditional French Laundry style is refined yet relaxed
- Cover is cotton/polyeser/acrylic blend; stripes on front and back
The Stone & Beam French Laundry Stripe Pillow is another 17 inches wide by 17 inches long or 12 inches wide by 24 inches long choice. You can choose between some lovely shades of turquoise, ivory, ebony, ivory, and a few others.
Overall, you’ll get a timeless style that’s both refined and casual. A striped pattern will make for a comforting yet interesting look no matter where you put this. The fabric is also weighty enough or durability.
3. Brentwood Mongolian Faux Fur Pillow
- PLUSH FILLING that provides extreme comfort and support for lounging around
- PERFECTLY VERSATILE designs to accent your bed or sofa as a throw pillow
- CONSITENT HIGH-END QUALITY from one of the top decorative pillow manufacturers, Brentwood Originals.
The Brentwood Mongolian Faux Fur Pillow also comes from a well-known name in the home décor industry. It comes in a variety of sizes. You can improve any boring corner with this high-quality option. The fabric is polyester, which speaks for the decent durability while the filling is plush enough for soft support.
4. McAlister Textiles Curitiba Woven Chenille Pillow
No products found.
The McAlister Textiles Curitiba Woven Chenille Pillow comes with a filler and is available in orange plus teal shades. This throw pillow comes in many different sizes. If you're looking for something to match your funky décor, this is among the best throw pillows to look for.
The only downside is its size, which is smaller than many users expected. Therefore, you should be aware of the measurements before you place an order.
5. Gear New Decorative Accent Throw Pillows
- The pattern/design is printed on both sides of the pillow, making it more versatile than others
- 16 inches by 16 inches, also available in other sizes
- More than just the case/cover, this is a fully stuffed high quality throw pillow
The Gear New Decorative Accent Throw Pillows are great options for the couch, the bed, or an indoor swing. You have a gorgeous abstract art print here, with several color combinations of your choice.
We love the fact that you can switch this pillow around, as the print is on both sides. Need a quick fix for that stain before the guests come over? The other side will do just as well until you have a chance to wash the cover.
If there’s an issue, it would probably be the risk in ordering your favorite colors. The orange is brighter in reality, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
6. Christopher Knight Home Velvin Emerald New Velvet Throw Pillow
- This plush pillow is a great way to add some fresh color to any room in your home. Use it in the living room, dining...
- Includes: Two (2) Pillows
- Dimensions: 15.00"D x 15.00"W x 6.30"H
The Christopher Knight Home Velvin Emerald New Velvet Throw Pillow comes in a set of two. The colors are especially gorgeous, no matter which one you choose.
If you’re looking for some lovely spots of color for a neutral room, we’d say these are the best options. The colors aren’t bright enough to be glaring but solid enough to be noticeable.
7. Boho Living Jada Decorative Pillow
- Includes 20" x 20" pillow cover and insert
- The perfect blend of rustic chic, Jada Collection by Boho Living features 100% woven cotton and 100% braided natural...
- Zipper closure for easy pillow insert removal
The Boho Living Jada Decorative Pillow comes in several fun and neutral shades. They come with their own inserts. The texture is rough but the overall effect is quite charming.
With the imported material, you’ll get a lovely rustic chic effect. We also love the fact that the material is completely natural, with actual cotton and jute fibers.
Unfortunately, the inserts are quite stiff and require some breaking in. If you can wait it out, this natural offering is worth it.
8. SIRENE Mermaid Pillow Reversible Sequin Pillow
- GLITTER FLIP SEQUIN PILLOW: Top rated glitter pillow on various home decor guides. Our throw pillows come in the unique...
- MERMAID PILLOW WITH INSERT: Our mermaid pillow is fire retardant and legally certified by 13 states to sell this...
- THERAPEUTIC AND ENHANCES MOOD FOR ALL AGES: Perfect for everyone especially those with extra energy or high stress and...
These SIRENE Mermaid Pillow Reversible Sequin Pillows are the color-changing, sequinned cushions with a magical experience. You can go for a blue-gold or mermaid-green color. There are also several other colors available.
The pillow is fire-retardant, legally certified in 13 states, and has a fluffy insert with virgin polyester fiber. With the glittery combinations, you can give any space a beautiful pick-me-up.
My sister got one of these, and I can testify that this pillow provides hours of entertainment! You can draw on it, smoothen out the sequins for a de-stressing experience. The only issue is the zipper. You may avoid this problem by staying super careful. Also, you shouldn’t let it get stuck in that sea of sequins.
9. Pillow Perfect Annie Westport Pillow
- Includes two (2) outdoor pillows, resists weather and fading in sunlight; Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Plush Fill - 100-percent polyester fiber filling
- Edges of outdoor pillows are trimmed with matching fabric and cord to sit perfectly on your outdoor patio furniture
The Pillow Perfect Annie Westport Pillow is a reversible, corded option that gives you a versatile experience. You can use this in the patio as well as in any room. They’re classic, modern; in short, they’re just what you want.
The quality, high durability, and ease of cleaning make this a great choice. You should keep in mind that it has a somewhat rough finishing.
10. Acanva Solid Velvet Soft Decorative Throw Pillow
- Made with durable solid polyester fabric in rich and saturated hue
- Smooth velvet texture feels super soft and gentle on skin
- Medium firm filler provides resilient support
It comes at a decent size, and with several tantalizing colors like tangerine and wine red. You’ll also get a medium-firm insert with the cover.
This option may not be completely full right away but it does expand over time.
The Best Throw Pillows That Will Spark Up Your Home
The best throw pillows are certainly out there. We recommend the Brentwood Faux Fur Pillow if you’re new at this. Furry textures are in, and the color will blend into every kind of décor. It’s also easy to clean and maintain, so grab one and see how it goes!
Last update on 2021-08-05 at 04:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API